Thursday, September 22, 2016

not much to update about....

Now finished 3 of 4 wheels and working on the 4th... getting faster and better as I go. The last one will be the best one. HA!

I've ordered a bunch of assorted screws and clips and nuts and bolts and brackets to replace broken or corroded originals. All told about $100 worth.

The new fenders and box sides are in my garage waiting to be installed. I've got a bunch of stuff I want to do but I have to figure out how to prioritize.... so I'm gonna focus on getting it painted and back on the road. Once I'm finished the wheels I'll take off the other fender and and hood and cowl remove the bed. The old bumper back needs to come off and it looks like the big aftermarket class 4 hitch was welded to the frame so I'll probably have to cut that off. Once the bed is off I can clean up the frame a little bit and hit it with some undercoat.

Then I can begin to prep for painting. I plan to paint the hood and fenders and cowl and bed off the truck for a more even finish. This will allow me to paint the back of the cab too. I think I'll paint it with the doors shut as the doorjams are in excellent shape and the original paint there still has some lustre.

Other little details I want to fix like blasting and painting the drums can be put off.




fender was ugly but body is in excellent shape underneath


before

after








75 cents worth of paint instead of 60 bucks to replace



No comments:

Post a Comment